[Aakash-hackers] Linux on aakash

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 04:33:49 UTC 2014

Hi Srikant,

Srikant <u.srikant.patnaik at gmail.com> writes:

> Sure. But debootstrap creates more overhead than that core image I
> mentioned in Ubuntu. Will try again. Moving to mailing list.

Can you tell me what overhead you faced when using debootstrap? Normally
we use debootstrap and related tools to come up with rootfs. And others
here on the list can help you.

Leaving the earlier mail snippet here so others can understand the
context of this conversation.

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Vasudev Kamath
> <kamathvasudev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Pirate Praveen
>     <praveen at debian.org> wrote:
>     >> Also I'm looking for debian core armhf images, similar to
>     >> these
>     http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/13.10/release/
>     (~35MB_
>     >> Could you please help me locate one
>     >
>     > I think we should ask the arm porters.
>

>     Lets move this discussion to mailing list! Its up already more
>     people
>     can join. Srikant and I guess its better to use tools like
>     debootstrap
>     multistrap et all to create rootfs rather than using cdimage.
>
>     Please join mailing list and lets start this discussion there.

Cheers,
--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info