[Aakash-hackers] Bootstrapping for Aakash

Srikant u.srikant.patnaik at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 12:33:11 UTC 2014

Hello all, Sorry for late.

Here are few updates.

1) We welcome our new member Pranav. He is a engineering student, shares
the same enthusiasm and passion. I have added him in alioth, and he already
joined this mailing list. Somehow he is unable to create account on wiki.

2) I have created a minimal lxde-core image, with Wifi/touch and basic
utils. I have no idea how to host it on alioth or wiki, so will wait for
your suggestions. Meanwhile its sitting on my google
drive<https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6KB6Sak5C4gcHJjbGZ2c2ZRcHc&export=download>
(200MB,
xz compressed, not tested on other device)
Is there any tutorial/blog/video on alioth. Also, is there any beginner's
guide/instructions for debian wiki.

3) Is it possible to edit wiki using restructredText or markdown?
Meanwhile, I have created a branch in our github page
https://github.com/androportal/linux-on-aakash/tree/debian with steps to
follow. This page should be converted to debian wiki. So that we can all
edit there.

4) Simplified specs of Aakash2 tablet :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aakash_(tablet)
    Aakash2 hardware is loosely based A13-OLinuXino board. Schematics and
component details can
    be found https://github.com/androportal/OLINUXINO

5) Manoj is working on gslx680 touchscreen fix, and Sachin is exploring
LIMA. Both of them are working part-time on these.

We will contact Olimex for sure and find out.

Srikant