[Adduser-devel] Package: adduser

Roland Kasprzak roland.kasprzak@alice-dsl.de
Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:29:35 +0100

Hello folks,

i am a user of Debian for some years and i work as a trainer in Linux.
I often have to handle with the default settings i the adduser-script
for "dir_mode". In the most trainings there is the question "How can
Debian be a secure system with such default settings in adduser?". Other
Linux-distributions got settings like 700. I also think default settings
in the adduser-scrpit for "dir_mode" should NOT be 755 like they are in
all actual packages (adduser_3.47_all.deb, adduser_3.59_all.deb and
adduser_3.62_all.deb).
I hope you all will change these settings.

Roland