[Adduser-devel] Why the versioned depends on passwd >= bo?

Marc Haber mh+adduser-devel@zugschlus.de
Sun, 8 May 2005 17:53:05 +0200

Hi,

Adduser has a versioned depends on a passwd version which has been
satisfied since Debian bo. I don't suppose that anybody on this list
still remembers why it was introduced in the middle ice age?

Anyway, I plan on removing it on the next experimental upload. If the
next upload goes into unstable, the versioned depends stays in.

If somebody wants to convince me to do something else instead, I am
open to arguments.

Greetings
Marc