[Adduser-devel] Re: [Pkg-shadow-devel] Should userdel remove users crontabs?

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek@zie.pg.gda.pl
Wed, 25 May 2005 18:42:26 +0200 (CEST)

--568760595-1316102325-1117039346=:3825

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Quoting Tomasz K=C5=82oczko (kloczek@zie.pg.gda.pl):
> > On Wed, 25 May 2005, Christian Perrier wrote:
> >=20
> > >=20
> > > Sure. Nice example. Probably a bit too hardcoded, depending on
> > > various cron and print system things (especially print systems).
> >=20
> > For this better will be better hook kind of skeleton script like:
> >=20
> > for i in /usr/lib/userdel.d/*.sh ; do
> >         if [ -x $i ]; then
> >                 . $i
> >         fi
> > done
> >=20
> > and all what is neccessary on user del will done depending on partial=
=20
> > scripts installed by crond, lpr .. and other packages.
>=20
>=20
> The idea seems interesting. It would immediately draw, for Debian, the
> question of The Right Place for this userdel.d directory (probably
> /etc/userdel.d if the policy allows this.

/etc generaly is for configuration files.
Subdirectories in /usr/lib are for modules and program extensions (also=20
for scripts) and olso for ohter resources arch dependent (this is why=20
glibconfig.h header file is installed in /usr/lib subdirectory .. not in=20
/usr/include) so as far as I know FHS, LSB specyfications IMO=20
/usr/lib/userdel.d can be Right Place (tm) for this kind resources :)

Also use only /usr/lib/userdel.d/*.sh files as extensions allow put in=20
the same directory for example /usr/lib/userdel.d/userdel_hook script with=
=20
above content without conflicts with scripts installed by crond, lpd and=20
other packages.

Hmm .. maybe it will be also good prepare this skeleton script and default=
=20
userdel configuration directly in dist tar ball with shadow source and=20
document this in man pages (?). Probaly above form of this hook will be=20
accaptable also in other distribution enviroments (?).

kloczek
--=20
*Ludzie nie maj=B1 problem=F3w, tylko sobie sami je stwarzaj=B1*
Tomasz K=B3oczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek@rudy.mif.pg.gda.p=
l*
--568760595-1316102325-1117039346=:3825--