[Adduser-devel] adduser now passing test suite

Marc Haber mh+adduser-devel at zugschlus.de
Tue Oct 18 14:30:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 02:20:01PM +0000, Marc Haber wrote:
> Log:
> make $verbose a "global" variable
> global rename _ to gtx (the function name _ breaks File::Find in a subtle way)
> change %config handling:
>   * @defaults is now an array of files to be processed by
>     preseed_config in order.
>   * preseed_config gets its arguments by reference now
>   * %config is a reference argument now
>   * adduser/deluser do not warn on missing config file any more,
>     preseed_config already has that code
> remove double definition of get_users_groups
> syntax corrections to some printf calls

After spending some time debugging and introducing new code, adduser
now passes all tests in the test suite. For some reason, the code
refactoring broke File::Find so that --remove-home didn't work any
more. This was in some weird way related to the _ function associated
with gettext. Renaming _ to gtx solved that issue.

Jörg, would you like to look at the code I broke, or do you want me to
upload (to experimental? to unstable?) right away?

Greetings
Marc