[Adduser-devel] sigh

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Sat Apr 22 10:51:28 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Marc Haber said:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> sorry for taking so long to reply.

No problem.

> Unfortunately, your messages don't archive well (see
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/adduser-devel/2006-March/001839.html),

Grr.  I will send in line patches in the future.

> So this one is the final one? Does it still apply to current adduser?
> And which bug numbers does it address?

The changes for die -> dief were for internal consistency, but it also
addresses #351968 by fixing up the way gtx is called.

There is a second patch set, unrelated, to honor errors produced by
the getopt call instead of using a hand hacking a solution for command
line parsing.  This patch set does not address any open bugs, but it
felt to me to be a 'cleaner' way of handling the situation.

I will check this weekend whether it still applies and rewrite it if
necessary.  I see 3.86 in unstable currently - is a new version
scheduled for upload, or can I go ahead and work from this version?

Thanks,
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |