[Adduser-devel] adduser roadmap

Marc Haber mh+adduser-devel at zugschlus.de
Tue Feb 14 09:00:15 UTC 2006

Hallo,

Jörg has done tremendously good work on adduser in the last weeks, and
I'd like to give a new comments about adduser's near future.

The current 3.83 in unstable should not go into testing. I hope that
we don't need to file a dummy bug since the small issues that still
remain can be sorted out easily.

In svn, we have a fix for the "Uninitialized value" warning that comes
up when adding a user with --verbose, and a quick fix for #344488. I'd
like to have the list of special file systems to be configurable from
adduser.conf, with the currently hard coded list being a sane default.

Additionally, we need to polish the documentation and the man page in
the next few days.

If no new bugs are filed, these changes conclude the current activity
with a 3.84 that can go to etch.

Anything more?

Greetings
Marc