[Adduser-devel] Intent to issue a documentation QA upload for adduser

Helge Kreutzmann debian at helgefjell.de
Wed May 25 12:56:11 UTC 2016

Hello *,
there are quite a few pending documentation / translation issues for
adduser. We discussed the matter on debian-l10n-german and I decided
to prepare a QA upload. Before uploading, I would also issue a call for
translation (updates), for debconf, the programm translation and the
man page translation.

If you have any concerns please let me know asap.

Currently the changelog looks like the following:

  * QA upload, primary documentation / translation updates and fixes.
  * Debconf:
    * Update Turkish translation. Closes: #676356.
    * Fix language field in Norwegian translation. Closes: #695997.
  * Programm (translation):
    * Mention "--add_extra_groups" in --help output. Closes: #547911.
    * Update Japanese translation. Closes: #697109.
  * Manpage:
    * Improve pointer to customization files. Closes: #611898.
    * Improve pointer to NAME_REGEX. Closes: #508740.
    * Document --only-if-empty in delgroup.8. Closes: #722583.
    * Format SEE ALSO section correctly in all man pages.
    * Fixes in the German translation. Closes: #685529, #698483.
    * Update Portugese translation. Closes: #756180.
  * Update example from John Zaitseff <J.Zaitseff at zap.org.au> to version 4.9.
    Thanks. Closes: #712944.
  * Update LAST_UID to 59999 in adduser.conf (and in the example) to follow
    policy. Closes: #776203.
  * Update standards version to 3.9.8. No change required, but added entry to
    TODO as debian/rules hardcodes the perl path.
  * Lintian overrides are no longer present. Closes: #669979.

Greetings

          Helge
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     debian at helgefjell.de