[Advacs-discuss] GL structure final?

Oliver Elphick olly@lfix.co.uk
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:19:05 +0100

I think I'm just about there with the General Ledger and core
structure.  Would people like to download the docs and maybe the SQL
code too (it'll have to be from CVS, because the alioth webserver is
still down) and let me know if you think there is anything missing?

The best overview is probably the graphical view in
docs/en/GL/advacs.dia; use dia to view it.  That doesn't show the
localised views, nor functions.  The HTML document is at
docs/en/GL/advacs.html.

To look at the localisation methods, you'll have to download the sql
code; there isn't any documentation about that yet.

Things that still need doing:

        Revise some of the functions for checking valid input; they are
        obsolete after today's restructuring.

        Localise error messages in functions to the system base
        language.

        Provide at least one other country, preferably with two or more
        languages.

        Document the localisation methods, especially how to create a
        new country and/or language.

        Provide a basic input method: what I have in mind is to make a
        view to summarise an entire transaction, using arrays for the
        multi-line bits, and use rules to rewrite inserts to it into
        inserts into the underlying tables.  I'm not yet sure if that
        will work, but it would allow inputs to be done without
        explicitly starting a transaction.  Of course, application
        programs can still start a transaction and insert rows one by
        one.

        Write an application program.

     "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I
      do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
                                          John 14:13