[Advacs-discuss] Latest CVS updates

David Palmer davidpalmer@westnet.com.au
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:21:47 +0800

Oliver Elphick wrote:

>  Everything else I have written is in text files, which you can just
>  convert into HTML or XML by inserting appropriate tags.

O.K.

> > I thought that I would do the main documentation first in html, as
> > xml can be nested within that environment, and things like man
> > pages are summaries of the main docs.
>

>  I thought that HTML was something that was generated from docbook
>  source along with everything else?

What I have begun doing initially, is writing everything out in abiword
first, as this helps to get everything organised as far as coherency
goes, and then html hand tagging to become more familiar with it.

>  I hope the above instructions will be sufficient.

Certainly were.
I ran into a few blind alleys, but managed to find my way out and got an
install, and updated.
The only messages I got were 'failed to remove' messages, and as no
removal had been requested I assume that this is something designed in
for later eventuality?
Other than that, everything installed without a hitch or delay.

I've been in and out like a rabid yo-yo the last couple of weeks.
I operate a small food consultancy operation, that entails taking trips
away to client's premises on a fairly frequent basis, but I should have
some time to devote now.
I'll make myself familiar with what I need to, and finally get some work
done.
The only hold up now is waiting for that accountancy text to arrive.
I'm waiting on the next printing and scheduled supply is some 4 - 5
weeks away, but there's other things I can do until then.
Regards,

David.