[Apt-cacher-ng-users] apt-cacher-ng and google chrome

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Tue Mar 15 09:27:20 UTC 2011

#include <hallo.h>
* Vishnu Kumar D R [Tue, Mar 15 2011, 02:44:28PM]:

> I am actually mentioning of a Ubuntu 10.04 server for our organisation,
> where we have some 45 Ubuntu systems in the LAN.
> We have been using apt-cacher-ng for security and main repos of Ubuntu.
>
> But i also need to add Google Chrome's repo into our ACNG caching server.

So what is this "Google Chrome's repo" you are talking about? That one?

# Google software repository
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/ stable non-free main

> Thats what i requested in my first mail.
>
> Ya i want to declare a cached mirror repo of Google Chrome for our LAN.

And as I said, you don't really need it if everybody uses the same
archive anyway. If you still want to declare it then please follow the
instructions.

http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~bloch/acng/html/config-serv.html#config-serv

Regards,
Eduard.

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Eduard Bloch <edi at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > #include <hallo.h>
> > * Vishnu Kumar D R [Tue, Mar 15 2011, 12:45:38PM]:
> >
> > > Does anyone know that how i can add the Google Chrome repositories to
> > > apt-cacher-ng.
> > > Please let me know, because ACNG has reduced very huge bandwidth usage.
> >
> > First, which distribution do you talk about, and which repositories?
> >
> > Second, you don't need to declare a cache repository unless you want to
> > unify access to multiple mirrors or do magic stuff with it. For Debian,
> > just add the usual dl.google.com URL to sources.list and it should work.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Eduard.

I'm quite happy to say that I still love the Debian community, even after
seeing so much of it.
		-- Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt