[Apt-cacher-ng-users] Expiration wants to delete almost all packages

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Sun May 8 10:41:43 UTC 2016

Hallo,
* Tim Edwards [Sat, May 07 2016, 05:38:45PM]:

> I'm guessing apt-cacher-ng doesn't support this? I can't find a way to
> turn it off though.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AptByHash

The by-hash implementation is the most likely reason. I need to extend
the code to move the stuff correctly in the cache (todo ASAP, probably
in the next days).

There is a way to turn it off but it is a brutal one.

/usr/lib/apt-cacher-ng/acngtool cfgdump | grep =.*by.hash > /etc/apt-cacher-ng/zzz_temp_override.conf

And then edit the new file and remove the "by-hash" strings there, or
better change them to NOBYHASH or something. Don't forget to remove the
file when proper support is available.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<pasc> man
<pasc> the AMD64 camp is not helped by the list of people supporting it