[Apt-cacher-ng-users] ignore errors in cron job

Sergey Urushkin urushkin at telros.ru
Mon Feb 20 07:22:35 UTC 2017

Hello,
mostly every day I receive messages like this from apt-cacher-ng:

/etc/cron.daily/apt-cacher-ng:
Maintenance Task: Expiration
See file /var/log/apt-cacher-ng/maint_1487561101.log.html for more
details.
Server url:
http://localhost:3142//acng-report.html?doExpire=Start+Expiration&abortOnErrors=aOe
Problem with epel.check-update.co.uk/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
Problem with
ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu/dists/trusty/Release
Errors found, aborting expiration...

It repeats until I add mentioned links to /etc/apt-cacher-ng/ignore_list
But it appears again really soon with another urls, so I have to add
them to this list again and again just to have silence.
Seems that ignore_list doesn't support wildcards/regexps, and unlike
previous versions of apt-cacher-ng, I cannot simply change cron job to
not use abortOnErrors=aOe
So, I'm wondering is there a way to ignore all errors without patching
acngtool?

# dpkg -l |grep apt-ca
ii  apt-cacher-ng                       0.9.1-1ubuntu1
amd64        caching proxy server for software repositories

--
Best regards,
Sergey Urushkin