autopkgtest-xenlvm: installation fails if hostname is not in DNS?

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Oct 17 20:58:01 UTC 2011

Timo Juhani Lindfors writes ("Re: autopkgtest-xenlvm: installation fails if hostname is not in DNS?"):
> I have not setup adt-virt-xenlvm fully yet. It assumes it runs from dom0
> and can use "xm" command to control a domU. I would much rather use two
> domUs instead of playing in dom0.

This is not very easy because you need to do a lot of messing about
with the underlying LVM system.

You can use userv to avoid running adt-run as root.  The provided
userv config fragments provide limited services to adt-run.  You do
still end up running debootstrap out of cron as root in dom0 though,
to refresh the testbed.

In principle it might be possible to do the plumbing necessary to run
the setup debootstrap, and adt-run, in a domU and have it ssh back to
a restricted account in the dom0 for management operations like
starting and pausing test VMs.

Ian.