automated tests or builds for d-i

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Nov 4 16:21:43 UTC 2012

Hi zack,

On Sonntag, 4. November 2012, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > What's the best way to get a list of packages with have autopkgtests?

thanks for all the info, for now I've just added a link to your mail to my TODO, but at least this has become a
useful starting point. It now reads:

=== Tests using autopkgtest

* I aware but also lost, after looking at /usr/share/doc/autopkgtest/ - wanna help?
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AutomatedTesting has more information, but help is still welcome to implement this.
* finding packages with autopkgtests: http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2012/11/msg00012.html
* also see http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/

> There aren't that many packages in the Debian archive with autopkgtest
> tests. On my machine I obtain only ~10 packages with the following:

in my my sid chroot I only see three?!

$ grep-dctrl -s Package,Testsuite,Version -F Testsuite autopkgtest /var/lib/apt/lists/*Sources
Package: postgresql-common
Testsuite: autopkgtest
Version: 134wheezy1

Package: tabix
Testsuite: autopkgtest
Version: 0.2.6-1

Package: upower
Testsuite: autopkgtest
Version: 0.9.17-1

$ grep ^deb-src /etc/apt/sources.list
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

> but hopefully it will increase thanks to this new test runner!

it will take some time until this will be implemented too... eg first there needs to be (code-)infrastructurre to
fire up test-VMs, as some tests (according to the specs!) might be destructive...

Luckily that is also on my TODO already, for being able to test CD images.

cheers,
	Holger