automated tests or builds for d-i

intrigeri intrigeri at debian.org
Sun Nov 4 17:45:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 02:00:06PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> i do plan to installs of various cd media and to do installs in
> various languages (+other task testing), but for that i will first
> need to write code to to fire up VM instances and delete them
> again...

Excellent!

We're working on similar stuff at Tails, based on some integration
between that Cucumber thing the young kids love, a libvirt Gem, some
Sikuli salt spread on top of it all, and probably some shiny new
experimental stuff I've never heard about yet, too.

This is being worked on in the features/cucumber/ directory, in the
feature/automated_tests/cucumber branch, in our Git repository:
git://git.immerda.ch/amnesia.git

If you need more details, I'm clearly not the most knowledgeable one
about this, so you may want to ask two of my fellow Tails developers
instead: anonym and bertagaz (Cc'd).

The following tickets may also contain some useful (and perhaps even
up-to-date ;) information on this setup:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/automated_builds_and_tests/cucumber/
https://tails.boum.org/todo/automated_builds_and_tests/cucumber/install/

Last time I checked, some stuff was needed that is not in Debian yet,
IIRC because the JRuby package is lagging behind or something.

Cheers!