Behaviour of autopkgtest on empty Depends field in test control file

Jean-Baptiste Lallement jean-baptiste.lallement at canonical.com
Tue May 21 09:51:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

Currently when an empty Depends field (ie. "Depends: ") is present in a
test control file, autopkgtest fails with the following error:

blame: arg:binutils_2.23.2-2ubuntu1.dsc dsc:binutils
badpkg: Test Depends field contains an invalid dependency `'
adt-run: erroneous package: Test Depends field contains an invalid
dependency `'

Strictly speaking an empty depends field would mean: "Do not install any
packages generated by this source package"

Do you think an empty Depends field should follow this definition or
consider it as invalid and fail with an explicit message?

In both cases I'll be happy to provide a patch for adt-run and the
documentation.

Cheers,

PS: Please CC me on your reply, I am not subscribed to the ML.

--
Jean-Baptiste
IRC: jibel