Draft for d-devel-announce@

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at debian.org
Thu Feb 27 12:08:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:18:12PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just uploaded autopkgtest 2.9, and I think it's now time for a
> debian-devel-announce@ summary of the development of the last few
> months. Any comments/suggestions/corrections of my English?

Since you mentioned debci/ci.debian.net twice, maybe you want to add an
explicit paragraph on it? Here is my suggestion:

http://ci.debian.net / debci
----------------------------

http://ci.debian.net is a new service that will continuously run package
tests declared in the DEP-8 format, using autopkgtest. Each package will
get its test suite run whenever there is a new version of itself, or of
any package in its dependency chain (except the base system), or
periodically to account for changes in the base system. The service is
backed up by a tool called debci[5] which is being prepared to be
uploaded to the Debian archive, and is in heavy development.

[5] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debci.git

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org>