LXC runner now works for Debian

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Fri Jan 31 10:50:28 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

I just uploaded a new autopkgtest [1] which now turns the LXC runner from
"specific to Ubuntu cloud images" to "works with any Debian (or derivative)
container".  It also got massively simpler.

The LXC runner is quite nice: it provides a lot more isolation than a
simple schroot, but is still fast to set up and start, and available
on all architectures (unlike Qemu/KVM which is currently limited to
x86).

This might be a viable option for ci.debian.net as well, if the
schroot runner should turn out to be too weak. For it should stay as
it is as long as we still have so many failures which are not at all
related to isolation, but to missing test depends and the like. But I
wanted to point it out that it exists now, in case we need it later
on.

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/autopkgtest/news/20140131T103324Z.html