where to maintain DEP8^W autopkgtest spec now

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Jul 24 00:41:49 UTC 2014

Le Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 05:59:14PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro a écrit :

> On the other hand, with the recent increase in autopkgtest/DEP8 usage,
> we have been discovering several new needs which often have an impact on
> the specification (see e.g. the changelog for the recent 3.2 release),
> so freezing DEP-8 right now might hamper the development.

Hello everybody,

how about briefly summarising in DEP 8 the core concept of autopkgtest and the
parts of the specification that are very unlikely to change, like canonical
locations such as debian/tests, etc.  To me also, the fact that there are
independant implementations shows that the idea behind DEP 8 has been accepted,
and it would be nice to reflect that fact on the DEP website.  Of course,
this should not at all preclude current and future evolutions.

PS: for dep.debian.net, I am stuck with the fact that there does not seem to be
an appropriate place for whole-DD-writable ikiwiki websites in Debian, and I
lack time to do anything better than a static HTML dump in wiki.debian.org.  A
quick search returns converters from moin to markdown, but I could not find the
converse.

(please follow that part of the discussion on dep-plumbing at lists.alioth.debian.org)

Have a nice day,

--