upcoming change on ci.debian.net: log compression

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at debian.org
Wed Nov 12 14:17:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 02:06:31PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>
> > To optimize the storage requirements on ci.debian.net, I have just
> > committed a change to how logs are stored¹. Basically, all logs will now
> > be compressed with gzip, and therefore all *.log will be renamed to
> > *.log.gz.
>
> Does this mean the links to ci.debian.net logs in the PTS and
> distro-tracker need updating?

In the short term, no. *.log will be redirected to the appropriate
*.log.gz.  When this change goes live, links to *.log will continue
working; only they will redirect to the appropriate *.log.gz instead of
returning the data directly. For a user clicking those links in a
browser there will be no difference at all.

In the long term, It would be nice to link to the actual files, even
though the old links will not break.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org>