ci.debian.org and pkg-perl packages

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Mon Sep 8 09:49:47 UTC 2014

Hello all,

gregor herrmann [2014-09-06 18:56 +0200]:
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2014 12:32:34 -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > If you look at the bottom of the patch, there is some heuristics to
> > detect Ruby packages based on the contents of the source directory.
> > What heuristics would you use to discover perl packages?
>
> First idea (maybe someone from the Perl group has different ideas):
> The existance of a {Makefile,Build}.PL file in the top directory of
> the source package should be a good heuristics.
> Maybe we also want to check for a t/ directory there (otherwise the
> 'smoke' test will probably blow up?).

Antonio's current patch proposal checks for both now, which makes
sense.

FTR, Antonio's initial proposal [1] still needs some tweaking to fix
the pod.t tests, as I pointed out in [2]. That's hopefully simple to
fix? We shouldn't start this with getting 3.000 known new failures :-)

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/autopkgtest-devel/2014-September/001067.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/autopkgtest-devel/2014-September/001071.html