ci.debian.org and pkg-perl packages

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Mon Sep 8 19:26:54 UTC 2014

Hey Niko,

Niko Tyni [2014-09-08 22:03 +0300]:
> Would it be possible / desirable to test run our packages first somehow
> so that they don't become "official failures" yet?  We don't really
> know how bad it will be; I'm guessing we might see maybe a hundred or
> two hundred failures, but your guess is as good as mine. I think we've
> only tested the concept with a dozen packages or so at this point.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Do you have a list of source
packages? I expect most of them to run quite quickly, so perhaps throw
that into an etherpad, we can split that into a couple batches and
just run them locally on our dev machines. I guess my work laptop can
grind through a few hundred tomorrow.

We might run through all of them, and only keep the ones that succeed
in the whitelist initially, and then do two or three iterations of
fixing the easy cases in pkg-perl-tools? I suspec that after that
we'll quickly get into the long tail of packages which need to be
fixed on a case-by-case basis, and for these the XS-Testsuite: marker
can then be added alongside?

Martin