what's happening at "qemu terminating on signal 15" ?

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Fri Apr 22 15:03:56 UTC 2016

Hey Ashkan,

Ashkan Taslimi [2016-04-22 16:51 +0200]:
> *adt-run [16:15:06]: test command 2: preparingqemu: terminating on signal
> 15 from pid 20216*
> This applies to command 3 as well. I want to know what is happening exactly
> at this moment, why it takes so long and most importantly *how I can reduce
> this delay*?

This usually happens between tests when the previous test either
declares "breaks-testbed" or has more test dependencies than the next
test, or a similar time when it needs a fresh testbed.

You can run adt-virt-qemu with --show-boot to see where it hangs, and
then optimize there. Normally a VM should boot in < 5 seconds these
days, but if you customized this in some way there might be something
that blocks the boot?

Martin