autopkgtest in jessie: mark local archive as [trusted=yes]

Salvatore Bonaccorso carnil at debian.org
Wed Dec 21 13:45:17 UTC 2016

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your quick followup!

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 02:15:05PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello Salvatore,
>
> Salvatore Bonaccorso [2016-12-21 12:43 +0100]:
> > Before I ask anything to SRM I would like to hear your opinion. Since
> > a "recent" apt update in unstable, running the autopkgtests on a host
> > running jessie without backports, does not work anymore.
>
> You are trying to run tests for jessie, or for unstable? I'm asking because in
> general autopkgtest 3.6 is hopelessly broken for running tests for post-jessie
> packages/testbeds, as this generally evolves with changes in the distro, new
> test features, changed ways to build VMs and containers, etc.
>
> I. e. for jessie users I much rather recommend using the current version from
> backports.

It is for running tests for unstable (on a jessie based buildhost). I
see. It actually worked quite well until that apt change for the
pkg-perl packages which I help co-maintain. I agree, they are fairly
simple in general, so that might be the reason I have not seen any
other problems apart the one now with the apt change.

> > https://anonscm.debian.org/git/autopkgtest/autopkgtest.git/commit/?id=fed8cdbe004280c21337b1edb0a44584ded87daf
> >
> > The whole would probably to much for backporting to jessie, and
> > possibly not allowed by SRM, since it means a behaviour change. But do
> > you think it is sensible to just backport the change, to  mark the
> > internal repository with trusted=yes?
> >
> > -  echo "deb file://%(d)s /" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/autopkgtest.list
> > +  echo "deb [trusted=yes] file://%(d)s /" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/autopkgtest.list
>
> Fine for me if you want to backport this (feel free to NMU). But I won't bother
> doing this myself, as explained above.

I see.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,