[Icedove] UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 333: invalid start byte

Carsten Schoenert c.schoenert at t-online.de
Sat Jul 23 09:17:57 UTC 2016

Hello Martin,

thanks for your quick responce.

Am 23.07.2016 um 11:04 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> Hello Carsten,
>
> Carsten Schoenert [2016-07-23 10:52 +0200]:
>>>   File "/usr/bin/adt-run", line 607, in process_actions
>>>     tests_tree = build_source(kind, arg, built_binaries)
>>>   File "/usr/bin/adt-run", line 352, in build_source
>>>     (testpkg_name, testpkg_version, _) = f.readline().split(' ', 2)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.5/codecs.py", line 321, in decode
>>>     (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
>>> UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 333: invalid start byte
>>> + EXIT=20
>>> + tar -caf /build/autopkgtest.tar.gz /build/autopkgtest.out
>>> tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
>>> + exit 20
>
> This got fixed in the testing/unstable version long ago already. I
> recommend using the 4.0 version in jessie-backports.

I'm running the build inside a previously updated chroot of
unstable/sid, because I want to prepare a new version of Icedove for
unstable/sid.
The dependency resolver is selecting autopkgtest 4.0.2 from sid.

> + apt-get install -y autopkgtest apt-utils pbuilder newpid
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading state information...
> The following additional packages will be installed:
>   debootstrap libapt-inst2.0 libprocps6 libpsl0 procps python3-chardet
>   python3-debian python3-pkg-resources python3-six wget
> Suggested packages:
>   schroot lxc lxd-client qemu-system qemu-utils gdebi-core python3-setuptools
> Recommended packages:
>   autodep8 publicsuffix eatmydata net-tools | iproute2 sudo python3-apt
>   ca-certificates
>   apt-utils autopkgtest debootstrap libapt-inst2.0 libprocps6 libpsl0 newpid
>   pbuilder procps python3-chardet python3-debian python3-pkg-resources
>   python3-six wget
> 0 upgraded, 14 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 2382 kB/2608 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 8651 kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 libapt-inst2.0 amd64 1.3~pre2 [184 kB]
> Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 apt-utils amd64 1.3~pre2 [394 kB]
> Get:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 libprocps6 amd64 2:3.3.12-2 [57.7 kB]
> Get:4 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 procps amd64 2:3.3.12-2 [250 kB]
> Get:5 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 wget amd64 1.18-2 [798 kB]
> Get:6 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 python3-pkg-resources all 20.10.1-1.1 [112 kB]
> Get:7 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 python3-debian all 0.1.28 [51.1 kB]
> Get:8 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 autopkgtest all 4.0.2 [181 kB]   <----------
> Get:9 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 pbuilder all 0.225.2 [353 kB]
> debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
> Fetched 2382 kB in 1s (1463 kB/s)

I was now trying to look into the changes for the recommended version 4
for jessie-backport but couldn't found them in the git tree.
So I'm a little bit clueless what's probably changed.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert