Running Octave tests under xvfb

Rafael Laboissière rafael at debian.org
Tue Oct 17 07:36:28 UTC 2017

Running the unit tests in some Octave add-on packages fails because some
of them use graphical output (e.g. [1]).  One possible way to fix the
problem is by running the tests under xvfb.  I did the changes to the
Octave support of autodep8, which are now in the branch called
octave-xvfb [2].  For your convenience, I am attaching below the diff
between branches master and octave-xvfb.

If nobody objects, I will merge the branch into master and upload a new
version of the package to unstable.  We will need also to upload a new
version to stretch-backports, such that ci.d.o will behave correctly.

I am Cc:ing this message to the DOG mailing list, so that the Octave
folks can also comment on this change (hopefully it will not break
anything).

Best,

Rafael Laboissière

 [1] https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/o/octave-stk/20171016_204101/log.gz