[Pkg-octave-devel] Running Octave tests under xvfb

Rafael Laboissière rafael at debian.org
Tue Oct 17 20:38:10 UTC 2017

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien at debian.org> [2017-10-17 19:13]:

> I recently had to disable the use of xvfb in the octave testsuite, because it
> was causing crashes at build time (related to the move to Qt 5) [1].

I guess that this problem will be eventually fixed and xvfb will work
with Qt5.

> Hence I think that simply adding gnuplot-nox as a test dependency would
> be a better option (also because it drags less additional
> dependencies); but I did not verify that it is enough to fix test
> failures, so I may be missing something.

This is probably a better solution, but it has the same drawbacks as the
xvfb solution, as pointed out by Antonio in the other message, namely
that it will add gnuplot-nox dependency to all packages (the majority of
them do not need it) and that it will need an upload of autodep8 to
stretch-backports in order to have the tests working on ci.d.o.

I will have a try on the solution proposed by Antonio.

Rafael