[Pkg-octave-devel] Adding Octave support

Rafael Laboissière rafael at debian.org
Sun Sep 3 23:18:36 UTC 2017

* Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org> [2017-09-03 16:57]:

> On Sat, Sep 02, 2017 at 06:48:11PM +0200, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
>
>> I could write a pkg-octave-autopkgtest, but I am really not willing to do
>> it, because it would represent an extra maintenance burden.
>
> You don't need to create a new source package, you can just move the
> testing part to a new binary from the same source as octave-pkg-dev,
> and make the binary package octave-pkg-dev depend on it, then make the
> code that calls the tests during the build and the autopkgtest control
> file use the same test helper tool, perhaps with different options.

I followed your suggestion and prepared a new version of octave-pkg-dev
in the Git repository [1] that moves the check-pkg script into a separate
package, called octave-autopkgtest, which is very thin (contains only
that script) and has no dependencies.

I also made the corresponding changes in the octave branch of the Git
repository for autodep8 [2].  Please, review my changes.  Also, please,
tell me whether I should file a wishlist bug report against autodep8
regarding my patch.

@DOG_Developers: If there are no objections, I will upload version 1.5.1
of octave-pkg-dev to unstable.

I think that, since this upload includes a new binary package, it will
have to go through the NEW queue.

Best,

Rafael

 1. https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-octave/octave-pkg-dev.git/commit/?id=f0eb134e0ca73482871bb2070ed7a4146e3bc48b