autopkgtest-build-lxd failing with bionic

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 15 18:48:31 UTC 2018

[ autopkgtest-devel, this is
  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2018-February/040138.html
  and thread FYI - Reply-To / Mail-Followup-To set to exclude
  ubuntu-devel from this subthread so reviews go to the right place ]

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:28:05AM -0500, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> […]
> And confirmed that networking inside both of them works fine here.
>
> I wonder if it's a netplan vs ifupdown thing hitting autopkgtest in this case?

I can build images: images(!) quite fine here, but when actually using
them I see these temporary resolution failures most of the time during
the initial apt-get update.

I tracked this down to a race condition - basically we try to do the
`apt-get update' before networking is fully up. (OK, I just saw Julian's
post which came in while I was writing this and says the same thing...)

There's a patch attached here which fixes the problem for me. I'm not
sure if there's a better way to do this - basically it starts
network-online.target and waits for it to become active, with a timeout.
Review appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]