autopkgtest-build-lxd failing with bionic

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 16 11:52:05 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 09:55:47PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello Iain, all,
>
> Iain Lane [2018-02-15 18:48 +0000]:
> > There's a patch attached here which fixes the problem for me. I'm not
> > sure if there's a better way to do this - basically it starts
> > network-online.target and waits for it to become active, with a timeout.
> > Review appreciated.
>
> I wouldn't pick on any of these: network-online.target is a sloppily defined
> shim for SysV init backwards compatibility, and may not ever get started (in
> fact, that's the goal ☺); and the container might not use networkd, so I
> wouldn't use s-n-wait-online either. I think querying

Interesting. I thought that it was the systemd way to say 'I am online
now' --- i.e. nm-online or systemd-networkd-wait-online, which is the
question I wanted to get a positive answer to. I can see that the SysV
implementation isn't great, but it's not clear to me that it was ill
defined for this case.

>   [ -n "$(ip route show to 0/0)" ]

This is better though, and works too. Please take a look at the attached
patch. Thanks! :-)

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]