Migrating to salsa

Rafael Laboissière rafael at debian.org
Sun Mar 4 08:57:22 UTC 2018

* Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org> [2018-03-03 17:52]:

> On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 08:31:47AM +0100, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
>>
>> Another issue that should be addressed is related to the deprecated mailing
>> lists on Alioth.  For now, we are using
>> autopkgtest-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org as both the value of the
>> Maintainer field of the packages and a place for development discussion.
>>
>> You might request the creation of new mailing at lists.d.o, e.g.
>> debian-ci at lists.debian.org, for using as a discussion medium.  It is
>> possible to migrate the archives and the list of subscribers form Alioth
>> into lists.d.o.
>>
>> In order to avoid the noise on the new mailing list from different services
>> (Debian FTP Masters, Debian testing watch, debian-devel-changes, etc) that
>> send messages automatically, we could use another value for the Maintainer
>> field of the packages.  One possible solution is to use the Debian PTS.
>>
>> We could create a team, say "debian-ci", at tracker.d.o and add all packages
>> (autodep8, debci, debian-ci-config, and autopkgtest to it. After that, the
>> Maintainer field can be changed to "Debian CI Team
>> <team+debian-ci at tracker.debian.org>".  People interested in receiving email
>> messages sent to that address can subscribe to the group at tracker.d.o.
>> Notice that the user can choose the level of granularity they want to have,
>> by managing their subscription keywords (bts, build, upload-source, etc).
>> [*]
>
> All the above suggestions seem great to me. Would you be willing help
> with their implementation?
>
> (I just gave owner access to the team on salsa)

I have noticed that I have Owner access, thanks.  We could share the
tasks :

discussions around CI.  The archives and the list of subscribers of
autopkgtest-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org should be migrated into this
new mailing list.  Could you take care of this, please?

2) Create a group at the Debian PTS.  I can take care of this.  Which
name would be appropriate? "debian-ci", "ci-team" or simply "ci"?

3) Change the value of the the Maintainer field in debian/control for
the three Debian packages (autodep8, autopkgtest, and debci) according to
the name chosen in step 2.

4) Change the Vcs-* fields in the debian/control files to the Salsa
ones.  Note that I already filed a merge request for AliothWriter:
https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests/217

5) Set the tagpending webhook for the Debian three packages on Salsa.
This is easy to do and I could do it.  Should I?

>> Furthermore, we might activate the "Emails on push" integration service for
>> the repositories in Salsa.  Again, the PTS can be handy here, because we can
>> use the addresses dispatch+${pkg}_vcs at tracker.debian.org.  Users interested
>> in receiving commit notifications can subscribe to the "vcs" keyword at the
>> PTS.
>
> I'm not so sure about this one. you can already watch individual
> repositories on salsa em be notified about all activity on them, so I
> don't see the point.

Are pushes notified when watching Salsa repositories?  I thought that
the only way to do it was by using the "Emails on push" integration
service.  How do you do it otherwise?

Rafael