[axel-devel] axel feature request: metalink support

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag giridhar at appaji.net
Fri Mar 7 02:58:02 UTC 2008

Hi Anthony,

On 08/03/06 13:47 -0500, Anthony Bryan said ...
> most downloaders with metalink support do just HTTP/FTP.
>
> I realize that dependency on a small XML library may be more than you
> want to add to axel.

I did think about this and felt that we could add a dependency to axel
on small XML and Metalinker libraries, but this should be configurable
and we should be able to build axel doing what it does right now with
just a dependency on libc.  On the way to this, we should add autotools
support to axel.

Does that sound reasonable?

> thanks for replying :)

Since there is a bug on Axel in the alioth tracker, we can keep track of
this.  Help in the form of code and patches is welcome :)

Giridhar

PS: Cc:ing axel-devel so that the discussion is archived.

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/