[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][310785] Support for basic HTTP authentication

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue May 13 05:13:33 UTC 2008

Bugs item #310785, was opened at 2008-05-12 23:42

Initial Comment:
I love Axel's performance, but it would be much more useful to me if it could support basic HTTP username/pwd auth.

Date: 2008-05-13 10:43

Message:
Hi Alois,

In SVN there is support for adding custom headers to the requests that axel sends out.  You can do HTTP basic auth using that (ofcourse you'll have to craft the base64 yourself).

In the interest of keeping options in axel to the minimum (and hence keep axel small), I suggest that the custom header support be used.

Do let me know how this goes :)