[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][311101] Output File Naming Problems

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon Sep 15 23:02:55 UTC 2008

Bugs item #311101, was opened at 2008-09-15 13:13

Initial Comment:
The url input isn't fully parsed and analysed

eg.

http://www.real.com/realcom/R?href=http://forms.real.com/real/player/download.html?f=unix/RealPlayer11GOLD.bin

Will be named as R not RealPlayer11GOLD.bin

Date: 2008-09-15 23:02

Message:
The example URL is leads to a number of redirects that end in
http://software-dl.real.com/1538717227ccb424b022/unix/RealPlayer11GOLD.bin

By chance, the real (no pun intended) URL seems to be encoded in the GET parameter in the original URL. Axel correctly throws away the unpredictable GET parameter stuff after "?". However, what we could do to fix this problem is name the file after the result of the redirects. As I'm looking into the redirect system anyway, I'll see what can be done.