[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][313431] Add terminal-width detection capabilities to axel

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue Nov 1 04:05:50 UTC 2011

Bugs item #313431, was changed at 2011-10-31 23:04 by Adam Thompson
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413085&aid=313431&group_id=100070

Initial Comment:
See attached patch for a rather crude attempt at allowing axel to adapt to different terminal widths.  Lack of this is particularly annoying to me since I often use terminals that aren't
I'm not a C programmer, I just wanted to get this into the code as quickly as possible - there's probably a better way to accomplish this instead of passing (axel_t)s around to functions that don't otherwise need it.  I could do without if I was willing to abandon the macro, not sure what the cleanest approach is here.  (Global variable, maybe?  :-)
Still, that's arguably better than assuming all terminals are at least 80 characters wide... my netbook can only display 78 columns in my favourite font size, which kind of makes axel a pain to use.

At least the patch is small...

Comment By: Adam Thompson (athompso-guest)
Date: 2011-10-31 23:05

Message:
Oops, sorry, that diff was generated against SVN revision 122.