[Bash-completion-devel] [Bash-completion-commits] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. cbf7e1f96387bdccdc965e5ed49de58b7dfceeef

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:53:52 UTC 2009

On 091209 22:25, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Why doesn't remove the colon from COMP_WORDBREAKS works with bash 3 ?

COMP_WORDBREAKS is a bash-4 variable, see:

   http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Bash-Variables.html

Bash-3 always splits command line words using a fixed set of
wordbreak-characters, I thinks it's: " \t\n\"'><=;|&(:", and it can't be
modified...

> This make me think a configuration file for the project, with all the
> project-specific variables, and additional variables, such as this one,
> would be useful.

It's not a bash-completion variable, so I'm not sure if we should set
this.

Regards,

Freddy Vulto
http://fvue.nl