[Bash-completion-devel] Completion words containing colons

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Dec 10 22:56:16 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009, Freddy Vulto wrote:

>  __ltrim_colon_completions() where the problem surfaces - so far being:
> - _known_hosts_real()
> - _perlmodules()

I'm not sure if _chown and/or _usergroup belong in this list or if they are a
different issue, but chown user<tab> completion isn't that hot nowadays
(backslashification issues with the colon), and hasn't been in a while.  I
committed some bits that I think are towards the right direction, but I don't
have time to grok this stuff deeper at the moment.  "_get_cword :" and
"_get_pword ": and "_count_args :" possibly need to be done in _chown and I
think I could make it work without -o filenames but that wouldn't be too nice
for bash < 4 users (and compopt +o filenames in _usergroup didn't seem to have
any effect in my bash 4.0.23).  Maybe you can? ;)