[Bash-completion-devel] ./current r1326: Improved strace completion, undefined _command_offset() found.

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Fri Feb 6 09:39:36 UTC 2009

Freddy Vulto a écrit :
> Hello Guillaume,
>
> I can't reproduce your problem, maybe it's distribution specific?
> I've tried on Debian 4.0 with latest bash-completion from bzr and
> `sudo vim <TAB>' and `sudo chown <TAB>' run fine.
Strange. Using trunk directly, without any mandriva-specific patches, it
does just echo '\' characters:
sudo vim <TAB> ->  sudo vim \ \
sudo chown <TAB> -> sudo chown \

>  `sudo rpm -q ' on
> Debian is giving me whole other problems though:
>
> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> $ bash --norc
> $ . bash_completion
> $ sudo vim /etc/pass<TAB>
> passwd   passwd-
> $ sudo vim /etc/passwd<^C>
> $ sudo chown roo<TAB>  # Becomes next line  --v
> $ sudo chown root\: <^C>
> $ sudo rpm -q <TAB>rpm: To install rpm packages on Debian systems, use
> alien. See README.Debian.
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
> error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
It seems like you've got the rpm binary installed, hence allowing the
definition of _rpm completion function, without having an actual rpm
database installed... I don't know if it is a corner case, or if we
should try to workaround it specifically.

Anyway, it seems we're missing a stderr redirection while calling rpm
-qa in _rpm_installed_packages function.

--
BOFH excuse #282:

High altitude condensation from U.S.A.F prototype aircraft has
contaminated the primary subnet mask. Turn off your computer for 9 days
to avoid damaging it.