[Bash-completion-devel] Using launchpad as bugtracker?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 23 19:47:46 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009, David Paleino wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:07:55 +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:56:31 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > > I haven't really used launchpad, but a quick Google search didn't tell
> > > me that git/gitweb would be available there.
> >
> > Yes, but I believe we could ask LP people to add it? Who knows? :)
> >
> > /me joins #launchpad on some network and asks.
>
> Ok, after some talking with a guy, LP is definitely not going to support
> git. Too much work in its maintainance, integrating with LP, [..].

...and I guess its license means that nobody else will be doing that either.
D'oh :(

> But, *but*:
[...]
> So we would eventually get some kind of SCM<>BTS integration.

Sounds promising.

> But also,
> before July, it is possible that Alioth upgrades to FusionForge (a GForge
> fork) -- maybe we could expect more features there? Going to ask Alioth
> admins.

Personally, I don't have anything against waiting until July to see what
happens, and keeping the current setup until that.  But as said, no strong
objections to doing something before that either if people find it feasible.