[Bash-completion-devel] New bash-completion upstream, Fedora patches

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:36:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:03:46 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> Hello,

Hello Ville,

> I noticed today that there's a new bash-completion upstream at
> alioth.debian.org - this is great, it's about time!

Eheh :)
And we're having a newer upstream in our bzr repository ;)

> I am the long time Fedora bash-completion maintainer and we are shipping a
> whole slew of patches and additions in the Fedora package (quite a few of
> them written by yours truly) which I'd very much rather see applied
> upstream. I've just rebased them against the 20080705 release.

That is great!

> If you want to give me commit access to the repository, I can take care of
> committing them (as well as future improvements) myself.  My alioth account
> is "scop-guest".  If you'd rather not give that access, let me know and I'll
> send an URL to the patches to you.

Are these patches tested enough? How long have they been applied in the Fedora
package?
We don't want another plethora of bugs *gh* ;)

However, please file a request to join the group:

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/bash-completion/

Also, please subscribe to the mailing list (you can see it CCed, just join it
at lists.alioth.debian.org ) -- it would be really cool to have some sort of
cross-distribution development (we already have a gentoo maintainer in our IRC
channel, #bash-completion on irc.oftc.net).

Thank you for your help!

Kindly,
David Paleino
Bash-Completion Team