[Bash-completion-devel] [patch review] Add/compact *Emacs, vi and friends indentation etc settings.

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Sat Jan 17 11:30:51 UTC 2009

Ville Skyttä a écrit :
> The intent of this patch was not to make any indentation changes but to be
> explicit what the current indent settings are, based on how I read the
> current sources.  FWIW, changing the default indent step to 4 would be
> something I'd personally prefer, I believe it would be specified as
>
> # -*- mode: shell-script; sh-basic-offset: 4; indent-tabs-mode: t -*-
> # ex: ts=8 sw=4 sts=4 noet filetype=sh
I also think we should change current indentation policy to use a
smaller step size, as current one makes many completion functions are
difficult to read: see openssl function for example. And if we go for 4
spaces, rather than changing tab length, I'd rather move to spaces only
rather than tab + spaces:
# ex: ts=8 sw=4 sts=4 et filetype=sh

But I'd like to be first able to merge my own work before...
--
Guillaume Rousse
Service des Moyens Informatiques