[Bash-completion-devel] roadmap ?

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Mon Jun 8 15:06:09 UTC 2009

Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
> Hello list.
>
> According to our roadmap,
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/BashCompletion/Proposals/Roadmap, we still
> have to finish splitting completions in individual files, and also to
> review existing completions.

We finished 2.b (rewieving), and we almost finished 2.a (splitting). We
just have the following completions to split:
- freebsd kldload and kldunload
- freebsd portinstall and portupgrade
- slackware removepkg
- look -> contrib/util-linux-ng
- id -> contrib/coreutils

I'd like to finish it, but I don't know how to name the file for the
fist ones...

The actual question, however, is: what's next ?

On our agenda, the point 3 is to merge bash-completion-lib's test suite.
However, I feel like it's gonna take some time, and will only concerns a
few people here. I'd rather have a release right now (bash-completion
2.0), and insert into our calendar shorter developement steps:
- drop bash 2.0 compatibility stuff
- adopt a new setup (installing stuff somewhere, parsing them elsewhere)
- adopt a new syntax policy (I really feel tab-based indentation is way
to cumbersome, see contrib/openssl for instance)

Basically, it means re-ordering points 3, 4 and 5 in our current
roadmap, and expanding point 5.
--
BOFH excuse #51:

Cosmic ray particles crashed through the hard disk platter