[Bash-completion-devel] pb with java completion

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Nov 5 19:45:55 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 November 2009, Philippe Laroque wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my ubuntu distrib to karmic, and now am in trouble when
>  it comes to complete packaged classes names after the "java" command.
>
> Everything still works OK for toplevel classes but the completion does not
>  work any more for packaged classes.
>
> Can you help me fix this problem before next release ?

Maybe, but you need to give more details about the bash-completion and bash
versions you have ("ubuntu karmic" doesn't tell anything to me), as well as
some debug output to work on.  See TROUBLESHOOTING in the bash-completion
README, and double-check that you have the appropriate jars in your CLASSPATH
and that they contain the classes you expected.