[Bash-completion-devel] finger test suite failure

Freddy Vulto f.vulto at wanadoo.nl
Fri Nov 20 14:59:42 UTC 2009

On 091109 22:55, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> /@finger test at l
> test at localhost                test at localhost4
> test at localhost4.localdomain4  test at localhost6
> test at localhost6.localdomain6  test at localhost.localdomain
> /@finger test at localhostFAIL: Tab should complete partial hostname

My test/log/completion.log looks like this:

    /@finger test at l^M
    test at localhost              test at localhost.localdomain^M
    /@finger test at localhostPASS: Tab should complete partial hostname

Hmm, can't see what's causing the FAIL from these differences.  Maybe one step
further using the --debug flag.  Can you try this command:

    ./runCompletion --debug finger.exp

It gives me a `dbg.log' containing successful matches:

    expect: does "test at localhost
    test at localhost.localdomain\r\n/@finger test at localhost" (spawn_id exp9)
    match regular expression
    "^test at localhost\s+test at localhost\.localdomain\s+"? yes^M
    expect: does "/@finger test at localhost" (spawn_id exp9) match exact string
    "/@finger test at localhost"? yes^M
    PASS: Tab should complete partial hostname

Can you email these lines from your `dbg.log' showing the failing matches just
above the test yielding a FAIL?  Maybe there's a sort order mismatch between
tcl/expect & bash?  We should be able to tell from these lines.