[Bash-completion-devel] abook(1) completion

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Oct 23 09:21:49 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 October 2009, gibboris at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I fear to be naive|intrusive|... but
> what about doing a bash4 branche ?
> (with globstar, compopt, ;;&, and potentially,
> mapfile, associative arrays)

If there's a killer feature in bash 4 that we can't/don't want to live without
and that can't be sanely used in optional manner (like checking
${BASH_VERSINFO[0]} before invoking it) and/or people who are willing to
maintain such a branch, why not.  I'm not aware of either at the moment.

> but I understand the current need for compatibility.
> Attached is a bash 3 (specific / featureless) version.

The attachment seems to be missing.