[Bash-completion-devel] Namespace prefix?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Apr 25 20:19:47 UTC 2010

On Sunday 25 April 2010, David Paleino wrote:
> On Sunday 25 April 2010 12:18:26, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/BashCompletion/Proposals/Roadmap
> >
> > We have an item on the roadmap for introducing a "namespace prefix" for
> > all bash-completion functions.  I suggest we decide whether and how to
> > do it
> >
> >  soon as I'd like to get closer to a new release; there have been lots of
> >  improvements since 1.1.
>
> I agree, I've had people asking for a 1.2, and I always replied them
> "sorry, it would be quite a lot of work, since 2.0 is a lot different".

BTW I would have nothing against it if we draw the line where we are at the
moment and release that as 1.2 without introducing the more intrusive pending
changes from the roadmap.  I think the most intrusive change in git master at
the moment is dropping support for bash < 3.2 but I don't think that's such a
big deal.