[Bash-completion-devel] bash3 versus bash4 policy

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Aug 20 13:59:49 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010, Freddy Vulto wrote:
> On 100810 20:24, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
> > I'd like to know better about status of bash3. Will it be supported by
> > bash-completion ?
>
> Bash-completion is currently supporting bash >= 3.2.

I'd like to add that the level of support for bash 3.x depends on people
working on it.  I believe there are significantly fewer of them than those who
use/develop/work with bash 4.x, and their number is decreasing which means
problems will every now and then sneak in.  But I think we're in fairly good
shape wrt bash 3.2+ for the moment.  Just report bugs (preferably with tested
patches attached) and we'll take a look.