[Bash-completion-devel] Tab Completion Problem

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:32:16 UTC 2010

On 100720 08:38, Eric Blake wrote:
> Thanks for the report; I'm redirecting it upstream to the
> bash-completion developers, since it is not cygwin-specific, and since
> there are probably other instances where running with 'set -u' will
> impact bash completion.

Yes, if `set -o nounset' is active, bash-completion will report many
errors and fixing this will take some effort.  Nevertheless, I think
striving for a 'nounset'-proof bash-completion is worth the effort,
because making sure variables are set, is good practice and will make
bash-completion more error-proof.  I'll put the task on the roadmap, ok
team?

I'm putting this last as an objective for version 3.0.  See:

    http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/BashCompletion/Proposals/Roadmap

Regards,

Freddy Vulto
http://fvue.nl